Monday, May 30, 2011

Congratulations!!!

Russ Mackensen's painting "Mine Eyes Have Seen" was accepted into "Tell Us A Story: 2011 Summer Group Exhibit" at Segil Fine Art in Monrovia, CA. 
Show dates are June 18, 2011 to August 20, 2011. 
Not only was the work juried there was a requirement of a 100 word "Story" about the piece, his was:

My Eyes Have Seen, what you may wonder. Have I seen death in my family, the destruction of my home or terrorists running my country? I’ve seen a life alone without my husband and children. I’ve seen the daily struggle to survive in a land that is not hospitable to a widow. I’ve seen foreigners looking at me and wondering who I am and how pitiful I appear. All this I have seen, but now I see strength and resolve to overcome all this because I am a proud woman, a strong woman because My Eyes Have Seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment